Groundwater NOC from Central Ground Water Authority

CGWA NOC is a permission granted for the abstraction of groundwater for the drinking, domestic, and factory processes by means of an existing borewell installed or planning to dig a new borewell at the project site by the residential, commercial, and industrial factories. Any new borewell digging, sinking, and withdrawing groundwater without having a valid nocap CGWA permission is regarded as illegal as per the Cgwa revised guidelines on 24th September 2020 which comes under the Ministry of Jal Shakti. There is a set standard procedure and process defined by the water department to regulate the existing borewell and groundwater abstraction structures.

Documents Required for Groundwater NOC

1. Pollution NOC from State Pollution Control Board,
2. Non-availability of water supply/water denial certificate
3. Impact Assessment Report
4. Groundwater of testing report from NABL accredited laboratory
5. Completion certificate
6. NOC and permission from Wetland Authority (if Project area falling in the 500-meter radius of Wetland zone)
7. Impact Assessment Report with Groundwater modeling for Over Exploited Critical and semi-critical zones
8. Water audit reports as per CGWA rules

  • 100% Delivery on Commitment
  • Accurate Inputs
  • Fairly Priced Services
  • Happy Clients
  • Time to Deliver

    upto 120 days

  • Validity of NOC

    3 to 5 years

  • Govt Fee

    INR 10,000 for fresh application
    INR 5,000 for renewal

  • Abstraction Charges

    As per applicable Zones (Safe/ Critical/ Semi-critical/ Over Exploited)

Frequently Asked Questions

Q1: What is the validity of CGWA Borewell NOC?
Ans: 3-5 years from the date of issue.

Q2: How much time does it take to process an application for groundwater NOC from CGWA?
Ans: As of April 2023, there is no specific timeline given in the CGWA guidelines, but it usually takes around 90 days to process and approve the application subject to compliance with the NOC guidelines.

Q3: Who is required to obtain groundwater permission from CGWA (Central Ground Watern Authority)?
Ans: Infrastructure projects, Industrial projects, mining projects.

Q4: What is the official fee for a NOCAP application to CGWA?
Ans: The CGWA application fee is 10,000 INR as of April 2023.

Q5: Does the Central Ground Water Department grant the borewell NOC in all states & and UTs in India?
Ans: There are 16 states where the Central Ground Water Authority does not have jurisdiction to grant the Borewell NOC.

Q6: Is it required to pay the groundwater abstraction charges to obtain the groundwater NOC?
Ans: Yes, The Groundwater abstraction charges are calculated based on the amount of groundwater to be abstracted from the borewell per day, the calculated amount is then required to be deposited to the Groundwater authority at the time of obtaining of CGWA No Objection Certificate.

Q7: What are the Notified and Non-Notified Zones?
Ans: Notified areas - Where NOC for groundwater withdrawal is not allowed with listed exemptions. Non-Notified areas - Areas where NOC for groundwater withdrawal is allowed for Industries, Infrastructure and Mining project.

Q8: Which states does CGWA function in?
Ans: Central Ground Water Authority, issues Ground water NOC also known as CGWA NOC for Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Gujrat, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Odisha, Rajasthan, Sikkim, Tripura and Uttarakhand.

Q9: Which Projects come under the "Infrastructure" Category?
Ans: Residential townships include commercial buildings, Office buildings, Schools, College, University, Special Economic Zone, Metro Station, Railway Station, Bus Depot, Airport, Seaports, Highway infrastructure, Fire stations, Warehouses, Business Plaza, Malls and multiplex, Hospitals, Nursing Homes, Resort, Hotel/ Restaurant / Food Plaza, Holiday home / Guest house/ Hostels, Banquet Hall / Marriage Gardens, IT Complex, Logistics & Cargo, Clubs, Trade Centre/ Agri Markets.

If you have any questions which is not listed above then kindly contact us on the given number/ email.