What is the Purpose of requiring a groundwater impact Assessment Survey?
- The primary purpose of submitting Impact Assessment Reports is to evaluate the environmental impact on groundwater due to existing or proposed projects.
- By assessing these impacts, it becomes easier to draft effective mitigation measures.
- Additionally, uncontrolled industrialization, population growth, and overuse of groundwater by industries have led to the depletion of this natural resource.
- This has resulted in many areas transitioning from safe zones to semi-critical and critical zones.
- It is crucial to assess the negative impacts and anticipate mitigation measures to be applied by domestic and industrial users to reduce pressure on the groundwater aquifer.