How to get UPGWD NOC in Uttar Pradesh
UPGWD NOC is the “No Objection Certificate” for groundwater extraction in Uttar Pradesh. It is a permit issued by the Uttar Pradesh Groundwater Development Authority. Uttar Pradesh Groundwater Department(UPGWD) grants permission to individuals or entities to extract groundwater from specific locations within the state.
Northern Ridge Geotech Private Limited is one of the Best Groundwater consultants in India with 99.6% of projects delivered as per the committed timeline, you can visit www.northernridge.earth
Why Borewell NOC is significant in Uttar Pradesh
1. Safeguard the Future: The UPGWD NOC sets limits, ensuring sustainable water for generations.
2. Protect Your Health: Monitoring prevents contamination, keeping your drinking water pure. ️
3. Avoid Trouble: Operate legally and dodge penalties with a valid NOC.
4. Share & Thrive: A systematic approach ensures fair water allocation for all sectors.
5. Stop Environmental Damage: Control extraction prevents land subsidence, saltwater intrusion, and ecological harm.
Step-by-Step Guide to Obtaining a UPGWD Certification in Uttar Pradesh
Obtaining a Groundwater clearance involves a systematic process that requires fulfilling specific requirements and submitting the necessary documents. This step-by-step Guide to Obtaining a borewell NOC in Uttar Pradesh will provide you with an overview of the process, helping you navigate through the application process effectively.
1. Determine the purpose and type of groundwater extraction
Before applying for a Groundwater UPGWD NOC, you should determine the purpose and type of groundwater extraction you intend to undertake. This could include purposes such as irrigation, industrial use, drinking water supply, etc.
2. Identify the concerned authority
In Uttar Pradesh, the concerned authority for issuing Groundwater NOCs is UPGWD (Uttar Pradesh Ground Water Department).
3. Prepare the necessary documents
Gather the required documents to support your application. The exact list of documents may vary depending on the purpose and scale of groundwater extraction. Generally, the following documents are commonly required:
- Pollution NOC from the State Pollution Control Board.
- Non-availability of water supply/ water denial certificate.
- Impact Assessment Report.
- Groundwater testing report from NABL accredited laboratory.
- Completion certificate NOC and permission from Wetland Authority (if the Project area falls in the 500-meter radius of the Wetland zone).
- Impact Assessment Report with Groundwater modeling for Over Exploited, Critical, and semi-critical zones.
- Water audit reports as per UPGWD rules.
4. Submit the application
Visit the office of the Groundwater Department or the Uttar Pradesh Groundwater Department and submit your completed application along with the necessary documents. Make sure to retain a copy of the application for your records.
5. Application review and site inspection
The concerned authority will review your application and may conduct a site inspection to assess the feasibility and potential impact of groundwater extraction. During the inspection, they may verify the details provided in your application and assess the overall suitability of the site.
6. Payment of UPGWD fees
Once the application review and site inspection are complete, you are required to pay the prescribed fees for obtaining the Groundwater NOC. The fee amount can vary depending on factors such as the purpose and scale of extraction. The UPGWD application fee is 5000 INR per borewell. Once the groundwater application from the Uttar Pradesh Ground Water Department is approved, the unit is required to pay groundwater abstraction charges.
7. NOC issuance
If your application is found to be satisfactory and meets the requirements, UPGWD will issue you a Groundwater NOC. The NOC will specify the terms and conditions for groundwater extraction, including the permitted extraction quantity, duration, and any other relevant guidelines.
8. Compliance and periodic reporting
After receiving the Groundwater NOC in Uttar Pradesh, you must ensure compliance with the specified conditions and guidelines every year. This may include regular reporting on groundwater extraction, maintenance of records, and adherence to any additional requirements imposed by the authorities.
We hope that this comprehensive article “Step-by-Step Guide to Obtaining a Groundwater Certification in Uttar Pradesh” helped you to provide detailed knowledge about the step-by-step process for acquiring a groundwater NOC in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
In case you encounter any challenges during the process, our company, “Northern Ridge Geotech” is dedicated to assisting you and will coordinate to fulfill all your legal and financial requirements with the help of our 100+ professionals and an experienced team committed to providing responsive, excellent, competent, and compliant services.